- This GCS is the integral part of the contracts referred to in § 1 above.
- The alternation or exclusion of individual provisions of GCS can take place solely at the previous consent of the SELLER.
- Entering the sales contract for the Goods takes place by means of placing the order by the BUYER and accepting this order by the SELLER, or at the moment of submitting by the parties consistent statements of intent in the subject of entering the contract.
- The order can be placed by the BUYER in writing, via fax or e-mail.
- The order is considered as accepted when the SELLER sends to the BUYER the confirmation of the order via a registered letter, fax or e-mail.
- The contract for the sale of Goods is entered at the moment of submitting by the SELLER the statement about accepting the order, or at the moment of submitting by the parties consistent statements of intent in the subject of entering the contract.
- a type of the ordered Goods;
- a quantity of the ordered Goods;
- a unit price and a total ( aggregate ) price of the ordered Goods;
- a date of payment of the selling price;
- a place of issue of the Goods to the BUYER.
- The BUYER is entitled to place the complaint concerning the Goods or the packaging in accordance with the procedure described below in points 2 – 7. The SELLER qualifies the Goods or the packaging for the complaint procedure exclusively when the following procedure was kept.
- The BUYER shall submit the complaint to the SELLER within 72 hours upon the receipt of the Goods, via electronic mail or in writing, or the claim shall be otherwise null and void with respect to the rights of the BUYER related with the defects of the Goods.
- The submitted complaint form shall contain the following:
- a precise description of the defect of the Goods or of the packaging;
- a printout of temperatures from the moment of loading until the place of storage, unless the subject of the complaint is the packaging defect;
- an inspection report of the Goods in question;
- a photo documentary;
- transport documents of the Goods signed by a driver;
- location of the Goods in order to carry out the inspection by the SELLER.
- The photo documentation enclosed with the complaint form shall be prepared in a manner enabling the indication of the existence of the defect of the Goods or the packaging, and it shall be prepared in a way that facilitates the identification of the Goods, and especially the batch number.
- The responsibility of the SELLER for the defects of the Goods or the packaging shall expire in case of issue of the Goods by the BUYER to the third party before the carrying out the inspection of the Goods by the SELLER.
- The grounds for considering the complaint shall be the inspection carried out by the SELLER. In case of executing the disposal of the Goods or of the packaging before the carrying out the inspection by the SELLER, the responsibility of the SELLER for the defects of the Goods or the packaging shall expire.
- In case of an unfounded complaint the costs of the complaint procedures shall be borne in total by the BUYER.
- The GTP constitute an integral part of the Agreements, referred to in § 1 above.
- Amendment or exclusion of application of particular provisions of the GTP may take place only upon a prior written consent of AGROLINE.
- Conclusion of the Agreement shall take place by placing of an order by AGROLINE or by conclusion and signing of an Agreement in writing by AGROLINE representative.
- VAT invoice signed by AGROLINE representative equals conclusion of Agreement for the Goods stipulated in the invoice upon the terms stipulated therein.
We sell meat in close cooperation with the largest plants and slaughterhouses of poultry, pork and beef.
Our activities also include brokerage in trading bulk goods such as fertilizers, grain, metals and food.
Phone: +48 58 511 00 59
Address: ul. Rzemieślnicza 33, 81-855 Sopot, Poland